What I’m Doing Now
This is what I’ve been focusing on recently:
- For the past week I’ve been working on the redesign of this website that you’re currently looking at. I’m going for a minimalist vibe that reflects my growing desire to reduce busyness and distraction in my life.
- The redesign was due in part to a realization that my online presence is too fragmented. I’ve got the Critical Thinker Academy at its own website. I’ve got the Argument Ninja website. I’ve got this personal site. I’ve got my courses and students on Udemy. My goal is to consolidate as much of my online projects as I can under this website. This redesign, and moving the podcast episodes to this site, is the first step.
- I switched podcast hosting from Acast to Libsyn this week. No more ads popping up in awkward places.
- I’m committed to writing for this site much more regularly, and publishing a regular email newsletter.
- My health this year has been a concern (turning 50 and all), and I’ve been working on my discipline with regard to healthy eating and exercise. I’ve been doing strength training 3-4 days a week for the past six weeks, but I also need to work on my mobility and specific issues caused by sitting for long periods. I think I’ve lost four or five pounds, but I’m a “hard loser”, and the scale fluctuates too much to know for sure how things are going 🙂
Last update: October 9, 2017