In the summer of 2016 I started the Argument Ninja Podcast, where I’ve been exploring new approaches to critical thinking education that balances training in principles of good reasoning with training in the psychology and practice of persuasion.
The podcast is where I work out my thoughts on philosophical issues about the nature of critical thinking, share my evolving understanding of the psychology of influence, persuasion and human reasoning, and develop ideas related to the design of learning programs for critical thinking.
This is also where I’ve been developing a conception of critical thinking as a martial art, and of critical thinking instruction that is modeled on the way that complex skill development is taught in martial arts programs.
Follow the Podcast
(New to podcasts? Click here.)
- 023 – The Argument Ninja Difference
- 022 – Thinking Clearly About Critical Thinking: Interview with Kevin deLaplante
- 021 – What if Sam Harris and Scott Adams Had a Baby?
- 020 – Critical Thinking in China
- 019 – Understanding Your Divided Mind: Kahneman, Haidt and Greene
- 018 – Why We Need the Argument Ninja Academy [interview]
- 017 – White Belt Curriculum: Part 2: The Tao of Socrates
- 016 – White Belt Curriculum: Part 1
- 015 – The White Belt Experience
- 014 – Curiosity and Critical Thinking
- 013 – Avatars for Critical Thinking (Brainstorming the Argument Ninja Academy)
- 012 – Trump, Persuasion and Hypnosis
- 011 – Help Me Build a Candle in the Darkness
- 010 – How to Build an Argument Matrix
- 009 – The Argument Matrix (or “How to Know What You’re Talking About”)
- 008 – WANTED: Mixed Martial Arts for Argument Ninjas
- 007 – When Rational Debate is Impossible
- 006 – Defense Against the Dark Arts (Part II) – Seduce and Destroy
- 005 – Defense Against the Dark Arts (Part I)
- 004 – The Classroom is My Dojo
- 003 – How to Make People Like You
- 002 – Why Rational Persuasion is a Martial Art
- 001 – Welcome and Introduction to the Show